I am excited to share information about an important employment program offered by the YWCA Halifax. The Launch program is a paid employability program for young women and gender diverse youth (aged 15-30) who are currently out of school, unemployed or underemployed, and face multiple barriers...

My office has a poppy box for any constituents who wish to show their respects during the month of #November to our selfless #Veterans. A local artist and founder of Little Picasso Art Centre, Enas Jawad, was kind enough to donate her time and talent...

This afternoon, John and I got our flu shots from our daughter, Tara, a pharmacist at Lawton’s Drugs! Every Nova Scotian over six months old is encouraged to get a flu shot in the coming weeks. In addition to the annual vaccine – it is important to...

On this beautiful Halloween morning I am reminiscing over old Halloween photos with my girls. I wish all the children and families in #ClaytonParkWest a wonderful and safe evening! Remember to adhere to the provincial public health guidelines for celebrating Halloween safely. I will be waiting at...

I am pleased to share excellent news! A Dartmouth based company, Cherubini Metalworks, has successfully assembled a bridge destined for the waterfront in downtown Toronto. This is amazing news for a Nova Scotia company succeeding on the national stage! I have known the owners of Cherubini Metalworks,...

St. Peter’s Anglican Church will be holding a take-out dinner on Saturday, November 14th! The dinner will include: -Shepherd’s Pie -1 Roll -1 Chocolate Brownie … for a total of $10! Pick-up location: 3 Dakin Drive. Pre-order by November 10th with: -Your name -Phone number Please email: stpetersladiesguild@gmail.com Or call: 902-443-1820 Pick-up and pay times will be...

Today, Zeina (CA) and I visited Manuela’s Cakery. Manuela Cickai makes traditional European sweets. She was so hospitable; when we arrived she made us her Chocolate Orange Delight. Manuela makes a variety of these mouthwatering treats, including: pretzels, cakes, a variety of pastries, salty doughs — among many...

I am pleased to announce that our government’s Heating Assistance Rebate Program (HARP) is available for the upcoming winter. This program provides a rebate of up to $200 for low-income Nova Scotians to help pay for home heating. To qualify for the program, the income threshold is...

It was an honour, and a pleasure, to be invited to speak on behalf of the province and Premier Stephen McNeil at the grand opening of the John W. Lindsay YMCA; a monumental, state of the art facility! I am so proud of our government...

This week is Small Business Week! Small businesses are vital to our local economy and create jobs, fuel innovation, and meet local needs. I encourage all my constituents in #ClaytonParkWest to #SupportLocal, especially for the upcoming holiday season, as small businesses have been particularly affected...