07 Jul Nova Scotia Works Employment Service Centres are Re-Opening!
Nova Scotia Works employment services centres are re-opening for in-person services to help individuals meet their personal career goals!
Nova Scotia Works provide Nova Scotians with free skills development, training, and interview preparation to successfully participate in the labour market. Services are tailored to individual needs and include career planning and counselling, job searching, returning to school, and on-the-job support.
Services can be accessed online, over the phone, and they are re-opening for in-person services on July 13!
A variety of virtual workshops are scheduled for July. Virtual workshop topics include career planning, coping with job loss, disability in the workplace, interviews, resume development, and self-employment.
Virtual workshops are cost-effective, flexible, convenient, and allow participants to grow their networks.
The following measures have been put in place to help protect clients from COVID-19:
- All services are by appointment online and clients are asked to come alone to reduce the number of people in the office. Appointments will be a maximum of one hour.
- Clients will be asked screening questions before their appointment. Clients are asked to stay home and access services online or over the phone if they are feeling unwell.
- Please wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when you arrive. Masks will be provided.
- When you arrive, please ring the doorbell and wait for a staff member to come get you. There is no waiting area.
- Staff are sanitizing their hands between appointments and high-touch surfaces are frequently sanitized.
- When in the office, please follow the arrows to safely navigate the space. The workstations have been sectioned off to allow for physical distancing.
Have further questions or want to book an appointment? Please call 902-864-7520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the Nova Scotia Works office closest to you: https://novascotia.ca/works/#works-hrm