05 Oct Women’s History Month
October is Women’s History Month!
Women’s History Month has been celebrated nationally since 1992.
The theme for this year is #BecauseOfYou: celebrating women and girls who have made, or continue to make, a lasting impact on our country.
I am grateful to work alongside and learn from my female Liberal team in the Legislative Assembly alongside other female Opposition members:
- Hon. Karen Casey (Deputy Premier and Minister of Finance and Treasury Board);
- Hon. Kelly Regan (Minister of Community Services and Minister responsible for the Advisory Council on the Status of Women Act);
- Hon. Patricia Arab (Minister of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services and Minister of Communications Nova Scotia);
- Hon. Lena Metlege Diab (Minister of Immigration and Minister of Acadian Affairs and Francophonie);
- Hon. Margaret Miller; and
- MLA Suzanne Lohnes-Craft (Deputy Speaker).
I also surround myself with the inspiring and ambitious women in my office: Zeina (Constituency Assistant), Emily and Gail.
I have always said that my biggest achievement is raising my two girls, Tara and Nadia, in Canada and giving them the opportunity to grow into strong, successful, and resilient women.
Do you know a woman of impact? Individuals can nominate Canadian women with notable achievements to be featured in an online gallery, Women of Impact in Canada, organized by Women and Gender Equality Canada.
For more information, please see this link: https://cfc-swc.gc.ca/commemoration/whm-mhf/theme-en.html
*** Photo was taken last year, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic***